Saturday, August 3, 2013

Arrival in Erie

Well, I woke up early on Friday morning (2:45 EDT), so I decided to take care of a bit of computer stuff. Before doing so, I had to figure out how to assemble the new "universal" plug adapter from Oz to US plug configuration. It took me about 20 minutes to figure that out, so I felt that I might need to prepare a bit of documentation for Linda so she could assemble the one I had given her. Anyway, this is what it looks like:




Well, after taking care of some other computer stuff, I went down and ate breakfast as provided for in the package. It included make your own waffles which was good except from the diet point of view. I then repacked and took the free shuttle back to airport where it dropped me off at the departure area for my flight. I had no problem checking in. However, after checking in, the flight was delayed for two hours because firstly there was no plane, and then secondly there was no captain. Since, we had lost our slot in the queue for takeoff, we spend about thirty minutes in the plane trying to get off the ground. Anyway, I was very late getting in to Cleveland, but Doretha and Barbara had patiently hung around to pick me up.

By this time it was about 7PM, so we stopped at TGI Friday to eat where I had had a rack of baby back ribs. They were good. We then commenced the two hour drive to Erie. While in route we  discovered that Jessica's plane was delayed as well (originally due to come in at 10PM). Otherwise the drive back to Erie was without incident. When Doretha and I were on the road to pick up Jessica from the Erie airport, Jessica called to let us know that she had missed the Cleveland to Erie flight. She was able to hire a care to drive over; In the meantime we had returned to Doretha's and stayed up talking (with Linda the cousin) until about 1AM until Jessica arrived.

It was a long day.

No comments:

Post a Comment